Women Pioneers in Computer Science
TEKS – §126.33 (Computer Science 1):
- c.1 – Creativity and innovation. The student develops products and generates new understandings by extending existing knowledge. The student is expected to:
- c.1.C – participate in relevant, meaningful activities in the larger community and society to create electronic projects.
- c.5 – Digital citizenship. The student explores and understands safety, legal, cultural, and societal issues relating to the use of technology and information. The student is expected to:
- c.5.E – investigate how technology has changed and the social and ethical ramifications of computer usage.
- The student will be able to identify key women pioneers in the field of Computer Science
- The student will be able to identify the contributions of women pioneers in the field of Computer Science
- Group Assignments
- Pioneers Assigned to Research
Description of Lesson:
Students will be assigned to groups and each group will be assigned a woman pioneer in Computer Science to research.
Each group will have two (2) full class sessions to develop a presentation about their assigned pioneer.
The presentation can be in any media the group chooses (PowerPoint, song, round table discussion, Socratic seminar, etc…). The presentations will be conducted on the 3rd day of the project.
- Major Grade – Project Presentation