The Citrine League has 8 teams who are committed to participating in the 2016/2017 season coming from Erath (2 teams), Tarrant (2 teams), Dallas (1 team), Ellis (1 team), and Kaufman (2 teams) counties.
At the meet, we had 6 teams show with 1 team having to forfeit just before we got started.
Following 7 rounds of matches in the Velocity Vortex game of the season, FTC 11242 (Ferris High School) came out in 2nd place for the meet.
As this was the first meet of the season, the meet results are the current season rankings as well.
At the end of the day, the rankings broke-out as follows:
- 1st Place – FTC 9609 (Kaufman High School) 10 QP / 47 RP
- 2nd Place – FTC 11242 (Ferris High School) 4 QP / 56 RP
- 3rd Place – FTC 9402 (Henderson Junior High School) 4 QP / 47 RP
- 4th Place – FTC 9403 (Henderson Junior High School) 4 QP / 42 RP
- 5th Place – FTC 127 (Ben Barber Career/Tech Academy) 2 QP / 56 RP
Unranked teams include the following:
- FTC 9408 (Kaufman High School) 0 QP / 0 RP
- FTC 9582 (DeSoto High School) 0 QP / 0 RP
- FTC 11085 (Mansfield High School) 0 QP / 0 RP
All-in-all, the team and robot performed exceptionally well. I am very thankful for the volunteers who assisted me with successfully pulling this meet off.