Women Pioneers in Engineering
TEKS – §130.402 (Principles of Applied Engineering):
- c.2 – The student investigates the components of engineering and technology systems. The student is expected to:
- c.2.A – investigate and report on the history of engineering science
- The student will be able to identify key women pioneers in the field of Engineering
- The student will be able to identify the contributions of women pioneers in the field of Engineering
- Group Assignments
- Pioneers Assigned to Research
Description of Lesson:
Students will be assigned to groups and each group will be assigned a woman pioneer in Engineering to research.
Each group will have four (4) full class sessions to develop a presentation about their assigned pioneer.
The presentation can be in any media the group chooses (PowerPoint, song, round table discussion, Socratic seminar, etc…). The presentations will be conducted on the 5th day of the project.
- Major Grade – Project Presentation